Darley Technologies is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in our Zug office. The ideal candidate has a previous experience at a proprietary trading firm or market maker, possesses a strong quantitative background and is passionate about cryptocurrencies. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast growing trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture.
As a Software Engineer, you will report to the Head of IT and be part of a highly collaborative team that seeks to be a leading market maker in the cryptoverse. In this role, you will provide us our competitive edge, equipping traders with the information and capabilities that they need to make sound business decisions.
What You Will Do
- Write efficient code from systems on (or close to) the critical path, from receiving market data to placing orders, to systems handling huge amounts of data in a reliable, performant and traceable manner
- Create new designs and maintain existing applications with a focus on low latency, performance and stability
- Own a set of related exchanges and work in tight, daily collaboration with business owners
- Follow the best software engineering practices which are supported by the best working environment, latest technology and continuous support from all parts of Darley Technologies’ organization
What You Need to Succeed
- University degree, preferably in Computer Science Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics or related
- 3+ years of development experience in a front office trading environment
- Capacity to communicate clearly with business partners and clients
- A deep understanding of cryptocurrencies and derivatives products
- Extensive knowledger of multi-threading, networking and writing of low latency code
- Excellent quantitative problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficiency in C++ and Python
- Has a keen interest in building a deep understanding of the trading algorithms used in our trading engine
- English (written and spoken), German / French will be considered a plus
- Critical thinking to adapt to an ever changing environment
- Ability to write clean, reliable and highly scalable code
- A competitive, innovative and entrepreneurial mindset
What We Offer
We provide our employees with a fun yet very challenging working environment which promotes innovation, trust, passion and cooperation in one of the world leading blockchain ecosystem. We offer competitive salary, annual discretionary bonuses and other fantastic benefits. At Darley Technologies, we care for our employees and we are firmly convinced that the future of the company will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
“In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different” – Coco Channel